Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cameo glass!!!

I'm so excited!! After alot of experimenting, I think I finally found a process to get the look of cameo glass I've wanted. Basically, I cut out the basic shape of what I want, figure out my middle and highlight colors, cut them out, tack fuse together, and then carve! When you carve through the varying layers, you get very nice shading and depth, plus you are adding a dimensional aspect to your work. Sometimes I've had to carve away the outside to develop the shape. When done with the carving, I fire polish the piece in the kiln. Hopefully, I will post pictures soon of some recent work I've done. I'd like to teach this at some point...I really love the look, it opens up alot of possibilities...
My hip is better. Have taken a defensive approach and just pound away with the Word of God over myself. Jesus has set me free from pain and disease, and I'm not "taking" the enemy's abuse anymore. I need my time with Him, He is my source for life and inspiration. I have a pretty solitary life for the most part, but He is my all in all. He has given me an abundant life, and I'm forever grateful. He is carving something beautiful out of my life, little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment