Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Making pearls out of sand

Life can be frustrating and aggravating sometimes. This past weekend, had some face time with my bedroom ceiling as my lower back and hip went out. It gave me PLENTY of time to fuss about how I wasn't getting this project done, or doing this or that thing, you know, THOSE tormenting voices. Anyhow, since I couldn't walk much, and couldn't go down to my studio to carve, and a still, small voice said--" hey, it's time to draw and design!" It had been awhile, and I miss the process of just mind streaming ideas and concepts. It was fun and came up with some needed designs for upcoming projects. Just today, I excitedly got on to see the Etsy showcase, Just Jewelry, I booked. Being something of a newbie on the site, I couldn't find it, and sent off a frantic email to their support team, asking WHERE DID IT GO? After a long delay....they finally sent me the link, and yes, it was there! I discovered the reason I didn't find it was because I didn't check out the front page! Yes, I AM embarrassed, but all that humbling is good for the soul. And its' all how I make it. We can get aggravated or blow a gasket when delays or roadblocks come up, or we can take that gasket and make something out of it. God reminded me of how the oyster takes something that irritates it, and makes a beautiful pearl. The oyster frankly cares little if he's making a stunning piece of jewelry--- he's just making that grain of sand more comfortable for himself. So in the days ahead, when roadblocks, sand, or other gritty situations come to try and test me in this process of building my vision, and you know they will, I need to remember about that oyster, and how he dealt with the dirt....

No comments:

Post a Comment