Friday, April 9, 2010

Resurrection




Sunday was a beautiful, clear day top of our friend Cord's hill. He had erected 3 very large crosses using large telephone poles on top of his hill on his farm. We knew the weather was going to be nice, so we decided to have it there. Cord is undergoing chemo right now, and he was really weak this past week. So Beth, his wife, shelpped the chairs on the golf cart up the hill. My friend Lauren, was there with her harp, and her husband Nils. Barb came and did a wonderful job of worship, and my husband, Dennis gave a great message. There is something so inspiring when you are on a hill overlooking beautiful, rolling farmland, with the wind gently blowing, and hitting the strings of the harp, in an aeolian mode....(you have to hear it to believe it!! - It's out of this world!)




I looked at our wonderful "family" and could see the power of His resurrection in each of our lives; Cord and family, getting through his illness, with an overcoming spirit, Irmie and Ralph, serving and loving each other through a major stroke, and back problems, Barb, Bailey and Tom - who constantly keep me in awe with their faith walk through every major illness, family crisis, and "mountain" that the enemy tries to throw at them. Lauren and Nils, my models who mentored for me the life of His grace in all the trials they have gone through, with children, and most recently, Nils bout with cancer.




And then there's myself and Dennis whom He has brought out of ashes into truly a "new song".....


Thank you, my dear Savior, thank you, for healing THIS heart.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Cindy, I'm relatively new to it, but I wanted people to see how He inspires me!

    ReplyDelete